Immune Boosting Fresh Ginger Tea
November 4th, 2021 / Recipes
You can buy hundreds of kinds of tea, but sometimes it’s nice to make a fresh cup. This warming version is full of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory power, to calm your inflammation so your immune system can pay attention to winter invaders. If you can’t find lemon grass, thinly slice an organic lemon peel.
- 4 cups water
- 1 knob fresh turmeric, sliced thin, or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 3-inch knob fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 2 stalks lemon grass, sliced lengthwise
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Honey, optional
- Heat water in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add turmeric, ginger, lemon grass, and mint to the pot.
- Heat the mixture until it boils, allow it to boil for 5 minutes, and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea into 4 cups, add honey as desired, and serve warm.
You may also like…
‘I'm a Doctor and Here's How to Become YoungerHeather Newgen / January 16, 2022 / Lifestyle Medicine & Nutrition1...
‘I’m a Functional Medicine Doctor—Here Are 4 Things You Need To Be Doing for Your Skin This Winter’Kara Jillian Brown...
Possible Health Benefits of MoringaJessica Migala / April 15, 2022 / Lifestyle Medicine & Nutrition Moringa leaf,...