This simple but elegant bento box doesn’t need to be in an actual bento box—any old lunchbox is fine—but I like it because it appeals to both adults and kids, so you can pack the same lunch for the whole family. Of course you can always substitute different fruits, veggies, crackers, or even the chicken, if you have leftover salmon or some other meat from the night before.
- 4 cups diced roasted chicken
- 2 cups seaweed crackers
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups cucumber spears
- 2 cups celery sticks
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups red or purple grapes
- 1 cup of your favorite hummus
- In to-go containers of your choice, divide all ingredients between the four containers:
- Place diced chicken and seaweed crackers next to each other.
- Arrange the fruits and vegetables in rainbow order: Raspberries first, followed by baby carrots, cucumber, celery, blueberries, and grapes.
- Fill small ramekins with your favorite hummus. Nestle the ramekins of hummus next to the chicken and crackers (or put them in small covered containers).
- Refrigerate until you are ready to eat, or pack into insulated lunchboxes with an ice pack and a cold bottle of still or sparkling water or flavored seltzer.