Vibrant’s Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
December 15th, 2021 / Lifestyle Medicine, Recipe & Nutrition
If you like to live an anti-inflammatory lifestyle like I do but you find it hard to fit all the great anti-inflammatory foods nature has to offer into your diet every day, try this delicious and potent smoothie. I’ve thrown together all my favorite anti-inflammatory power foods into one easy morning smoothie. It’s one and done, and it’s a great way to start your day—you and your insides will be calm, cool, and collected.
Some of the most potent anti-inflammatory foods that can go into a smoothie are:
- Berries: Use one cup of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or a combination, fresh or frozen.
- A handful of dark leafy greens. Baby spinach and Romaine lettuce are good starter greens because they have the mildest taste, but kale, chard, or collard greens also work.
- Your favorite anti-inflammatory herbs and spices: I usually choose a few of the following: a dash of cinnamon; a tablespoon of raw cacao nibs or dark cocoa powder; a slice of fresh ginger, minced; fresh chopped mint leaves; or a pinch of dried turmeric. For a green tea smoothie, you could a teaspoon or so of matcha, which is a great anti-inflammatory.
- 1 to 2 cups of any unsweetened plant milk, like almond milk.
- Optional, but I like to use a scoop of unsweetened protein powder, which adds a protein boost to keep you full longer and turns this smoothie into a filling breakfast or snack choice. Alternatively you could add a tablespoon or two of nut butter.
You may also like…
I’m a Doctor and Here’s How to Become Younger
‘I'm a Doctor and Here's How to Become YoungerHeather Newgen / January 16, 2022 / Lifestyle Medicine & Nutrition1...
4 Things You Need To Be Doing for Your Skin This Winter
‘I’m a Functional Medicine Doctor—Here Are 4 Things You Need To Be Doing for Your Skin This Winter’Kara Jillian Brown...
Possible Health Benefits of Moringa
Possible Health Benefits of MoringaJessica Migala / April 15, 2022 / Lifestyle Medicine & Nutrition Moringa leaf,...