Take Along Healthy Snack Pack
November 4th, 2021 / Recipes
If you’re traveling this month, you can avoid fast foods stops and impulse junk food buying at gas stations and airports with a little planning. I travel quite a bit, and I always bring snacks and even light meals along with me, whether traveling by land, air, or sea. A small cooler or even a picnic basic can keep your food fresh, and may even inspire you to stop along the way for a picnic in beautiful natural areas where you can stretch your legs and get some green exposure before reaching your destination. Every stop doesn’t have to be a gas station! Here’s a sample of the kind of snack pack I make for myself and my family. Put everything in individually portioned sealable bags or containers and distribute as requested, or assemble snack packs in lunch boxes:
- Fresh vegan veggie dip – see recipe
- Fresh or purchased kale chips (you can find a recipe on page 300 in my book, Vibrant) and sweet potato chips, preferably baked
- Blueberries, raspberries, or other snack-able berry of choice
- Sliced cucumbers, carrot and celery sticks, and pepper strips
- Optional: Cubes of feta cheese (you can find non-dairy versions if you prefer), or hummus or guacamole
- Raw almonds
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Squares of dark chocolate
Assembly of Snack Boxes
- Put one ramekin of veggie dip in the center of each container or lunch box.
- Put a few cubes of Feta cheese (or a dollop of hummus or guacamole) in additional ramekins and add those to each container.
- Arrange some kale chips, sweet potato chips, blueberries, raspberries, and cucumber slices around the ramekins in each container.
- Put a few almonds in each container, along with two squares of dark chocolate each.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of pumpkin seeds and one teaspoon of hemp hearts on top of the Feta (or hummus or guacamole) in each container.
- Store the containers or lunch boxes in the fridge or cooler, to grab and go as needed.
You may also like…
‘I’m a Functional Medicine Doctor—Here Are 4 Things You Need To Be Doing for Your Skin This Winter’Kara Jillian Brown...
Possible Health Benefits of MoringaJessica Migala / April 15, 2022 / Lifestyle Medicine & Nutrition Moringa leaf,...
Spring Pea Soup - Made with spring peas, spinach and microgreens, this healthy soup is perfect for spring.Dr. Stacie...